The chancellors "Plan for Job" includes the provision for traineeships for those aged 16-24 to help give these young people an opportunity to develop experiences and progress into employment or apprenticeships. A traineeship is a skills development programme that includes a work placement. It can last from 6 weeks up to 1 year, though most traineeships last for less than 6 months.
What are Traineeships?
- A FREE training programme to give potential employees the skills, knowledge and experience needed to successfully support your business.
- Training can include sector specific qualifications and basic skills (underaken by SPS Training)
- A minimum 70-hour work placement undertaken within your business
You can find out more about traineeships by visiting the gov.uk website.
- Free to Employers
- A £1000 per trainee incentive payment for upto 10 trainees
- Develop a productive team to help you hire the future stars of your business
- Training element undertaken by an experienced member of the SPS Training team
- Allows you to know the young person prior to formal offer a paid role
- Can be used in conjuction with other Plan for Jobs services, such as Kickstart and Apprenticeships.
Please call our Traineeship team on 01438 537001