Staff and learners at SPS Training Solutions Limited, and its sub-contractors are celebrating after receiving a ‘GOOD’ Ofsted Inspection Report, following our first full Inspection in July 2022.
The Ofsted Inspection identified what it is like to be a learner at SPS. Inspectors concluded that our learners:
- experience a culture of high expectations, for example, in gaining employment skills and communicating more effectively with others
- enjoy their work placements, which are carefully chosen to provide meaningful work that match their interests and needs
- develop the knowledge, skills and positive behaviours needed for their next steps in life, work and further learning
The Inspection also evaluated what SPS, and its sub-contractors, SSG and Halls of Ivy, do well. The report confirms that tutors:
- provide prompt, precise and encouraging feedback to motivate learners and encourage them to improve
- support learners effectively in improving their skills in English and mathematics, and in gaining an award at the appropriate level
- encourage learners to progressively refine their longer-term ambitions for the future and to consider their next steps on their journeys
Inspectors recognised that Leaders and Managers in SPS:
- work highly effectively with a very extensive range of employers and partners.
- have shaped a relevant and well-balanced curriculum that is ambitious for learners and responds appropriately to the needs of employers
- have developed an effective culture of Safeguarding
The report also refers to the valuable support we provide to our sub-contractors and comments on some highly effective practice undertaken by SSG Services and Halls of Ivy
Mehul Shah, Director of SPS Training, said: “Managers and staff are delighted with this fantastic achievement, one that we have all been working hard towards over the years. We are immensely proud of our whole learner community, Traineeship learners, their families, our staff, and referral partners, each one playing a significant part in this outcome. The Senior Management Team of SPS Training Solutions Limited, would like to thank all the staff, learners, partners and parents for their support, dedication and hard work.”
Katherine Baker, Quality Manager at SPS Training said: “I am so pleased that the Inspection has recognised many of the strengths of SPS Training with strong and secure judgements of GOOD in every inspection category. This is a wonderful outcome for our business, our partners and our staff, but most importantly our learners, who will always continue to be at the start and heart of everything we do.”